ARE YOU KEEN TO TRY A NEW KIND OF RURAL PLACEMENT?
- Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer located at University Department of Rural Health (UDRH) sites across Australia offer pharmacy student supported clinical placements with a focus on rural and remote health
- Support includes experienced pharmacist supervisors, inter-professional supervisors and a cultural mentor
- Most UDRH’s offer subsidised accommodation OR you may be eligible for the Rural Pharmacy Student Placement Allowance
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Each UDRH offers a unique placement experience with a range of opportunities.
Just a snapshot of what you could expect:
- Experience life as a rural pharmacist
- Experience different clinical environments e.g. Hospital and/or Community Pharmacy, allied health clinics, community based care, residential aged care facilities and indigenous Australians Health Programs
- Apply your pharmacy knowledge in an indigenous focused placement
- Work with a range of other health professional students in an interprofessional model
- Understanding and participate in community development programs providing services that are valued and much needed in rural communities
- Develop a sound understanding of rural and remote communities
- It is a great opportunity you to experience rural pharmacy and a possible career path as placement preceptors could be on the lookout for enthusiastic students to return as an intern pharmacist.
WHAT DO OTHER PHARMACY STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT RURAL PLACEMENTS?
“I think it has made me keener to work in a rural location as I enjoyed the different aspects and broader role of the pharmacist in this location, compared to what I see in metro areas”
“such a personal experience for the customer’s, I really enjoyed how the pharmacist knew almost all his customers by name”
“I have a rural internship for next year lined up due to this placement”